Job Title: Senior Account Director / Account Director
Working For: CMS Strategic, part of Campaign Marketing Services Ltd
Salary: Competitive salary in line with experience
CMS Strategic is a London-based PR and Communications agency with global reach and impact. With our unique expertise and network, CMS provides bespoke media and government relations to companies within the defence, aerospace and security industries. We also have clients in the energy services and civil aviation sectors. An opportunity is now available for an experienced Communications professional to join the team.
Working as part of the CMS team, the successful candidate must be able to manage day-to-day PR activity across several existing accounts.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- A senior point of contact with clients
- Management of the team to oversee campaigns and ensure Service Level Agreements are met
- Direct, develop and deliver integrated Communications campaigns
- Impeccable copy writing for a wide range of material
- Building relationships within Parliament, industry and media
- Provide counsel to clients and the Board
- Deliver new business and grow existing accounts
- Analysis of outcomes
- Mentoring colleagues
- Championing CMS ethos and values
This opportunity is for an experienced and confident individual with significant level of work in Defence or relevant industries. The candidate must be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in senior roles in Politics / Communications
- Established network in the UK media
- Stakeholder engagement and management at a senior level
- Exceptional presentational and pitching style
- Exceptional writing ability
- Ability to work on a range of projects and to tight deadlines
- An understanding of the role and impact of social media
- Calm leadership and team management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Track record in Business Development
A background in defence, aerospace, and security would be a significant advantage, but of more importance is an understanding of the industry and wider political landscape. We are looking for a creative thinker with established connections in the UK media and political and an ability to nurture new contacts.
The candidate will be joining a friendly and dynamic team, with access to company healthcare scheme and ability to work flexibly. CMS offers a unique opportunity to embed in a fascinating global sector, contribute to national discourse and develop our network across parliament, the media and industry.
Interviews to commence imminently.
Start date: As soon as possible
Please email applications with a cover note and references to: Georgia.Pickering@cmsstrategic.com